12 Mar 2006

Bank account blues

What is the least amount you ever have had in your bank, assuming that you have one. Rs 100?.Rs 20? Rs 10? If you are shocked at practically accused of being a pauper, you need not fret. Turns out that there is someone even below your level in the liquidity chain. And that worthy is yours truly. Before you begin to ask as to why I have bestowed this honor, even if dubious, on myself I have an iron clad reason. That is the ATM receipt of my transaction which said that my account balance was, hold your breath, Rs 0.06.Which means that on 25th day of the the first month of the year of our Lord 2006 I had precisely 6 paise, which might have been of some use to me had I been living a century ago.That is why I consider that day to be historic. But God, I can live without more such momentous events, if it pleases you. As an ordinary mortal, I just won’t be able to take the strain.

Thankfully God in heaven, for once seemed to answer my prayers and through my parents have kept my fiscal condition out of the woods. And for that I kneel down and pray from the depths of my heart, soul, mind, cockles and practically any organ you can think of. Amen

P.S Oh and by the way I am thinking of preserving that receipt so that people won’t think that I am spouting codswallop.Will be a good thing to show to my grandchildren on a rainy night when everybody have told their share of ghost stories. But the way I see things are heading I don’t much fancy their understanding what the hell paisa is that grandpa is babbling about

3 comments:

Jeevan Baretto said...

You are not the first person whom I\'ve come across with a Zero-point-something bank balance.
I\'ve had aquaintance with people who\'ve had even the negative balance. I mean it doesn\'t show up on the transaction slip, but it gets deducted the moment you deposit any amount into your account. Hmmm....

Noyon Jyoti Parasara said...

good that you got over that `karka'ness..

i have been in one since quite sometime now.. pray that i get out soon too...

never been in ur situation though...
and my frens were kind enough..so were my parents, god and most my Gf...!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig