24 Nov 2005

Ode to a mug

Well I ‘m back after a fairly long sabbatical. Responsibility for this can be divided into my incoming exams, lack of net connection to my pc and also laziness on my part. However I will try to amend my mistakes. But boy it sure is difficult to go through life when objects decide to take a stroll out towards the great unknown, never to return. Since I do not take a dim view of humanity I presume that kleptomaniacs are not behind these outrages in which totally innocent articles are being sacrificed.No,my pens and mugs simply decided that they would no longer work for me and have absconded, thrown in their towels. If things remain in this particular state ,my towels-sorry towel-might be tempted to throw in its towel.Come to think of it ,this happened once but fortunately for me and unfortunately for the towel ,I dragged it back by the scruff of its neck. Now don’t go about suggesting that I might have similar problems with my shirts, thank you very much.

     But I disgress.Let me get back to my original topic. Pens are manageable. If you loose them then 5 bucks would get you another .Now a mug is a different kettle of fish altogether. I’m speaking of a bathing mug, not its smaller cousin. You see, we do not have any showers in our hostels. So a bucket and a mug are used instead.  When I found my (un??)faithful mug missing –I had a long and sentimental relationship with it- I decided that my bucket would also be retired, both  of them being inseparable companions and one would be incomplete without the other. But now the question arose –how would I bathe, as I necessarily had to? Necessity being the mother and all that sort of rot I decided to go for the direct method. Namely thrust your head and body under a stream of cold tap water and have a nice rejuvenating, invigorating bath. But the position was rather awkward. The tap was at waist level and protruded 10 inches out of the wall. So in order to get my body wet I became adept at performing a series of contortions which would be the envy of any python. In fact they are so good stretching exercises that muscles which I didn’t know I had are in top-of-the-line condition. And its cost-zilch. You would save on buckets and don’t have to worry about their getting lost. So bath without a bucket – its good for your health.

No comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig