30 Oct 2005

Chicken and bills

Today my stomach is full, really full.Anybody who has eaten hostel food can understand how it feels to have a full meal.Because most of the time hostel food and prison food is same.Somtimes I think it is worse.Speaking of myself,like many people I love eating and moreover does not understand the fuss people make about consuming exactly 2500 calories per day-not one more,not one less.They are not doing anyone any good by fretting.

But I disgress.Today one of my friends came up and said that he knew a place where one could get chicken very cheap.The place was located in a muslim area and the people had just broken their Ramzan fast.So all the eateries in the area were crowded.Muslims break their fasts in a grand manner-i had read in a recent newspaper article and so when I reached our destination I was not surprisd by what I saw.Huge chicken legs were rotating on spits over a charcoal brazier while pieces of chicken stuffed inside parathas was deep fried.The assault on my olfactory senses was awesome.After tucking in as much as I could when I glanced at the bill it was ridiculously low.At my regular haunts,I would have had to pay twice or thrice the amont.And on top of that they fob you off with a service tax to pay for the paper on which the bill is printed and the printed ink.Daylight robbery!!!

Meanwhile as I write this diwali,the old festival of lights but the modern festival of sounds is upon us.For anyone unaccustomed to festivals of India,he would be forgiven if he thought he was in a war zone.God protect my eardrums

No comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig