28 Sept 2005

A great book

Just finished reading "A Diary of Anne Frank".A completel;y mindblowing book.The real life story of the Dutch Jewish girl who stayed in hiding for almost two years before being captured.I had been meaning to read this for a very long time.Reading it it is hard to believe that a 14 year old girl can write with so much maturity and candor.She describes how the refugees tried to keep up a facade of normality by celebrating holidays of each member and resuming their studies.The minute details of family diagreements,jealousies,the problems of lack of privacy,siblinf rivalry with her elder sister and even her approaching adolesence are discussed with an almost brutal honesty.The Nazis have, in my opinion,by killing her has robbed us of a promising writer.

1 comment:

Partha said...

Hey dude! I know ur thirst for books..but I have a serious reservation...pls call me when u go to the Narmad Library!

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig