21 Sept 2005

The Return

The Return

Welcome me back to the community of web users. In my last post I mentioned my agonies when I could not access the net. But no more meanings and complaining. A wonderful thing has happened-I got back my connection. It seems that my persistence and about 20 bucks of phone calls and SMSes finally paid off. The guy showed up the other day and did not ask what my problem was simply because he didn’t need to. He got down to solving it. You see, I had called him up so many times that I suspected he considered me to be a big pain in his ass and did not want to be further pestered by me. On my side I was glad that the problem appeared to be on its way to being solved. Anyway I was bracing myself for the worst –a defective cable which would have entailed a further wait of maybe two  to three days-when all I learnt that all these days I was held hostage by a faulty port in the hub. This puny problem was solved in five minutes and since then all has been well and good. I would like to further confess that I found the ending a bit of an anti-climax. Still I was not through with the internet guy. I had paid up for a month of access, but I got for only two weeks. So I was hoping that maybe I might be able to account for the missing time. But I did not think I would get anything, except for some empty words.Gujaratis have an image for being very business minded. But it seemed that my day for surprises was not over. He readily agreed to accept half the stipulated rate for the next month as compensation for the loss of time. Personally I felt that if my problem had been more serious he would not have given in so easily. Anyway we parted amicably, at least me in a happier frame of mind than before.  

No comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig