29 Oct 2005

Exam thoughts and cellular misadventure

Back after a long sabbatical of nearly 10 days.The reason for such a long absence is that I no longer have my internet connection in my hostel room due to exams which will be breathing down our necks after a fortnight.And then only god can help us.Crazy hours of study where you
sleep for only 2 hours and go rubbing your eyes and yawning to sit for the exam.This strategy never paid much dividend for me.This cramming before the exams is common to almost all students-whether they are from professional or general stream..Another thing which is common all over the country is cheating -though degree and methods vary which has reacheD endemic proportions.Tell you what,to solve all these problesms abo;lish exams.We would save lots of time and money in the process and use them to design a better means to achieve the same ends as exams does.Forget what others say,listen from ground zero,from a examinee.Sorry if I slipped up on putting an before e instead of a.I'm not sure and nobody cares where your is ur and for is 4.

On a different vein I was fiddling about with my mobile and came across language settings. I did'nt know what got into me but I changed my deault language to arabic or urdu.And boy,wasn't it awful when you could not read anything on the screen.I was so bloody crossed that I could have kicked myself.I did not know anybody who knew these languages.I could go to a madrassa or puzzle out of the dilema I landed myself into.I was letting myself into a navigational nightmare.Many hits and misses followed before I got bck to where I started from and good ol' English was back.Thank god I did not choose Turkish.No more crazy experiments for me.

P.S While writing this both the power supply and the ups gave up their collective ghosts.Thankfully I was now in the habit of saving my drafts before final publishing.From bitter experience I have learnt to do so when some of my earlier unsaved posts were lost due to power cuts.So use this nifty utility as much as you want to.

No comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig